Two snow days in a row have taught me something vitally important.
The Cosby show is still genius.
What it took for 2:
* 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
* 3 Tbs. all natural peanut butter
* 3 Tbs. soy sauce
* 2 Tbs. brown sugar
* 1 tsp sambal oelek
* 6 scallions, green parts thinly sliced and whites minced
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
* 3 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
* 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Cook spaghetti until it’s al dente. Reserve 2/3rd cup of pasta water, drain the rest and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar and sambal oelek.
In a medium skillet, heat the oil to medium-high. Add the red bell pepper and saute for 1 minute. Add the ginger, garlic and onions and saute another minute, until fragrant.
Whisk 1/2 of the pasta water into the peanut butter mixture. Pour the cooked pasta into the skillet over the veggies and pour the peanut butter over the pasta to combine. Add a little water if the sauce needs to be thinned. Top with the remaining scallion greens. Give one final toss and dig in!