DIY: Rose Water Face Wash

We’re making beauty products!

Well, just one. We’re going to make one beauty product. But still. !!!

DIY: Rose Water Face Wash / Bev Cooks

This is theee easiest and most gloriously and exquisitely luxurious face wash OF ALL TIME. (don’t quote me on that.)

But it is. Until I come up with something better, THIS IS IT FOR MY LIFE. (and face.)

Remember when I told you about that green beauty book a while back? Well, two things:

1. I’ve been coming back to it over and over because I’m turning freaking 40 in three months. And like any other neurotic lunatic, I’ve been in a (not so) slight panic about keeping my skin young-looking and tight and completely toxic free and if I have to do a secret face transplant with Gwyneth Paltrow I WILL.
  2. I spotted some bottled rose water at this neighborhood grocery store on a walk a few weeks ago, and of course once I saw that, it was over. Commence spiral of obsession. Let’s make a dang face wash.

DIY: Rose Water Face Wash / Bev Cooks

I’m not going to get all researcher-y on you with fancy health facts. Mainly because I can’t spell half of those words. BUT, I will say this:

Hi, CLEOPATRA used rose water. Apparently it’s this perfect magic potion for your beauty regimen. Controls excess oil, evens skin tone, anti-aging properties, smells like the gates of a botanical orgy.

But WAIT, THERE’S MORE.

The other ingredients in my face wash are vitamin e oil (like, insane for your skin), vegetable glycerin (another good natural humectant that helps seals in the healthy stuff), and castile soap (tried-and-true soap. good lather. doesn’t cause irritation. super awesome.)

DIY: Rose Water Face Wash / Bev Cooks

This is how it goes down:

• 1 1/2 cups of rose water (10 oz)
  • 2 Tbs. castile soup (unscented)
  • 1 Tbs. vegetable glycerin
  • 1 Tbs. vitamin e oil

Shake shake shake. Shake your booty. Oh sorry! That’s for something else. Whisk it in a bowl, then transfer it to a pretty glass bottle. You can even label it something funny like, “FACE” or “IN YOUR FACE” or “SAVE FACE” or “IT’S EITHER THIS OR THAT FACE TRANSPLANT WITH GWYNETH PALTROW. THIS WAS CHEAPER.”

You know.

DIY: Rose Water Face Wash / Bev Cooks

So far, I’m totally in love with this face wash. The lather is perfect. Not too thick. And the oils (how little there are in this) feel surprisingly smooth after a cleanse. And the ROSE WATER. The scent.

I die.

It’s like Paris.

IT IS LIKE PARIS.

DIY: Rose Water Face Wash / Bev Cooks

And don’t worry. I tested out this beauty product on Will, Natalie, and all the baby bunnies in our back yard. It works.

Okay, your turn. If you have a good, natural face wash that I should play with, holla!

Cleopatra, I’m talking to you.

Not really.

I wonder if she has any descendants alive today. I just asked Aaron, and in his best d-bag voice he goes, “I bet they’re smokin’ hawwwt.”

This is why I married him.

DIY: Rose Water Face Wash / Bev Cooks

Make this! And then come back and tell me just how much you wept.

, , , , , ,

18 Responses to DIY: Rose Water Face Wash

1. Brittany | Words Like Honeycomb May 17, 2016 at 8:34 am #

2 Tbs. castile soup (unscented)…<<where do I buy this soup? 😉 LOL I have a rose water toner that I am in love with…my face regimen takes longer now because I want to sniff it for 5minutes before actually using it…

I will definitely be trying this!

2. Steph May 17, 2016 at 10:31 am #

I would totally buy some from you already made in that beautiful bottle.

• Bethany May 17, 2016 at 4:49 pm #

Yes! Tell us more about that bottle, please 🙂

• Bev Weidner May 18, 2016 at 6:12 am #

Amazon! There are tonnnnns of pretty glass pump bottles.

3. Kerry May 17, 2016 at 5:32 pm #

I just have to tell you, most of the time I read along, smiling at your witty comments and your great photography, and the adorable pictures of your chillruns and say…nothing.’Course people sometimes hear me giggling, but I mean I say nothing to you about how I adore your blog and how it’s one of the few blogs I read consistently. But, today was obviously different. As you were…

4. Kerry May 17, 2016 at 5:39 pm #

Oops! One more thing—would you be so kind as to tell me the name of the font you use for your headers and your menu bar, etc, please?

• Bev Weidner May 18, 2016 at 6:16 am #

Well you are the sweetest! Thank you for your words. They go far, I can tell you!

As far as the fonts, I wish I knew! Let me ask my site designer – she may know. I’ll be back in touch!

5. Heather Buzby May 17, 2016 at 10:27 pm #

This may be a silly question but- do you rinse it off with water or do you leave that goodness on?

6. jessica May 18, 2016 at 1:24 pm #

you should try the Mario Badescu (sp?) rose water facial spray. It’s like your face gets spritzed with the tears of unicorn angels.

7. Liz May 21, 2016 at 2:29 pm #

WOW! Got here I forget how, but bottomline I just purchased all ingredients for this as well as the beeswax face cream. I am turning “freaking 61” in three months so am 21x freaking ahead of you!! And after most of my life dealing with oily skin/hair, am now dealing with dry skin … hair continues to be a mystery combination.

AND, over the past years I’ve been eliminating various ingredients in food/body/house products but the skin cream particularly has been difficult as in a creamy and moisturizing combo. Srsly – I very much appreciate the beeswax recipe and instruction and can’t wait to try it.

I am an Amazon Prime person and on almost embarrassingly intimate terms with UPS/FedEx drivers from nearly daily Amazon deliveries… BUT, I do like http://www.MountainRoseHerbs.com and they were my source for ingredients. I’m sharing that as a happy customer and nothing else. They have a great rep for purity and service but you will pay shipping and I have no idea how prices compare. I live in NW Montana so they are kind of local to me. Also, if anyone does not want to make their own, MRH has very similar (ingredient-wise) product and also a plethora of containers. I’ve purchased various bottles, roller top thingies, pump things, etc. and all have been wonderful.

Cheers!

8. Haley August 5, 2016 at 8:13 am #

Would you kindly provide the exact link to that gorgeous bottle?!? I see its from Amazon buuuut I need that one. #obsessed

9. alkha October 1, 2016 at 11:32 pm #

You just gave this wonderful idea. I’m going to do your face wash. its natural living healthy lifestyle why not. Thanks for all the links above-Ttyl…

10. Fabiola October 23, 2016 at 8:23 pm #

Omg! I can’t wait to make this, but most importantly, please oh please do tell me where you purchased that clear and gold pump bottle for the wash! ???

• Fabiola October 23, 2016 at 8:32 pm #

Never mind. I just read the comments. I can’t wait to make this! ?