We’re making beauty products!
Well, just one. We’re going to make one beauty product. But still. !!!
This is theee easiest and most gloriously and exquisitely luxurious face wash OF ALL TIME. (don’t quote me on that.)
But it is. Until I come up with something better, THIS IS IT FOR MY LIFE. (and face.)
Remember when I told you about that green beauty book a while back? Well, two things:
- I’ve been coming back to it over and over because I’m turning freaking 40 in three months. And like any other neurotic lunatic, I’ve been in a (not so) slight panic about keeping my skin young-looking and tight and completely toxic free and if I have to do a secret face transplant with Gwyneth Paltrow I WILL.
- I spotted some bottled rose water at this neighborhood grocery store on a walk a few weeks ago, and of course once I saw that, it was over. Commence spiral of obsession. Let’s make a dang face wash.
I’m not going to get all researcher-y on you with fancy health facts. Mainly because I can’t spell half of those words. BUT, I will say this:
Hi, CLEOPATRA used rose water. Apparently it’s this perfect magic potion for your beauty regimen. Controls excess oil, evens skin tone, anti-aging properties, smells like the gates of a botanical orgy.
But WAIT, THERE’S MORE.
The other ingredients in my face wash are vitamin e oil (like, insane for your skin), vegetable glycerin (another good natural humectant that helps seals in the healthy stuff), and castile soap (tried-and-true soap. good lather. doesn’t cause irritation. super awesome.)
This is how it goes down:
- 1 1/2 cups of rose water (10 oz)
- 2 Tbs. castile soup (unscented)
- 1 Tbs. vegetable glycerin
- 1 Tbs. vitamin e oil
Shake shake shake. Shake your booty. Oh sorry! That’s for something else. Whisk it in a bowl, then transfer it to a pretty glass bottle. You can even label it something funny like, “FACE” or “IN YOUR FACE” or “SAVE FACE” or “IT’S EITHER THIS OR THAT FACE TRANSPLANT WITH GWYNETH PALTROW. THIS WAS CHEAPER.”
So far, I’m totally in love with this face wash. The lather is perfect. Not too thick. And the oils (how little there are in this) feel surprisingly smooth after a cleanse. And the ROSE WATER. The scent.
It’s like Paris.
IT IS LIKE PARIS.
And don’t worry. I tested out this beauty product on Will, Natalie, and all the baby bunnies in our back yard. It works.
Okay, your turn. If you have a good, natural face wash that I should play with, holla!
Cleopatra, I’m talking to you.
I wonder if she has any descendants alive today. I just asked Aaron, and in his best d-bag voice he goes, “I bet they’re smokin’ hawwwt.”
This is why I married him.
Make this! And then come back and tell me just how much you wept.