Or maybe it’s really more a flatbread. Either way, summer carbs!
I love these so much I can’t stand them. They are everything you want in food and life and love and beyond.
And the flatbreads are great, too! (ba . . . domp?)
Let’s look at this ridiculousness.
You can make your own dough if you’re feeling it, ya fancy face. I went with naan because a) it’s already made, hi, and b) it’s slightly billowy, but still yields a crispy bottom (sorry) fresh out of the oven. You can’t hate it.
But wait until you see what we’re doing with the cheese. Just you wait, ‘Enry ‘Iggins.
Okay I’ll show you now.
Grated mozzarella + minced garlic + olive oil + a tiny pinch of salt. We mix it! I don’t even know what in the hay led my spirit to want to mix it like this, but I did. I mixed it and it was wonderful and I’ll never look back.
You’ll just evenly sprAnkle the garlicky cheese over all the naan, followed by good sliced summer tomatoes, and a few mozzarella pearls, dotted here and there.
OH – you know what? I halved those pearls. Just ripped them in two with my fingers. You can do that if you feel it fulfills you. (<–say that five times fast)
Also, don’t skimp on that red onion. You know how much I love thinly sliced red onion. I put that ish on E-VER-Y-TH-ANG. It’ll give a crunchy onion-y depth that’s quite necessary in this life.
Oooooo, girl. You see, we used two kinds of mozzarella – grated from a block, and fresh – to double up on cheese texture. They melt so differently, so there’s also that contrast for your tongue. I mean my gosh.
And the fresh tomatoes, you might think to yourself and out loud to no one, “But aren’t they watery? Won’t they sog up the ‘za?” (<–because you talk like that) You can blot the slices with a paper towel if you’re worried about it, but honestly they’ll be fine. A little tangy tomato juice isn’t the worst thing you could be handed, amiright?
And obviously you’ll sprinkle or grate some parmesan right on top. And a healthy scattering of fresh basil leaves. PERHAPS a tiny drizzle of your best olive oil? You know how to do this.
Lunch, mid-afternoon snack, a light summer supper with a crunchy green salad – YUZ. You could even add a fried egg and serve it with a pitcher of mimosas and coffee for an impromptu weekend brunch.
You like how I plan your life, don’t you?
Make this before I scream.
- 4 naan breads
- 1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 (8 oz) package fresh mozzarella pearls, cut or torn in half (you won’t use the whole package - save a few for snacking!)
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 small to medium tomatoes on the vine, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt
- Parmesan cheese and basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, combine the grated block mozzarella, the 2 Tbs. of oil, grated garlic and a small pinch of salt. Stir until combined and glossy.
- Sprinkle the cheese mix evenly over each of the naan bread. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the cheese, followed by the thinly sliced red onion and a few mozzarella pearls.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven) until the cheese is browning and bubbly.
- Garnish with parmesan and a scattering of fresh basil leaves. Slice and serve immediately!
- Makes four naan pizzas.
Hi, hello, yes, later, bye, goodbye.
12 Responses to Caprese Naan Pizzas