This is such a simple meal. Like, simple to the dimple. Like, simple to the dimple to the pimple.
Okay pimple is NOT a word appropriate for a food blog. My apimplegies. POLOGIES.
Anyway, if you like your dimples simpled, try this simple one.
Chicken Chunks and Orzo with a Pesto Drizzle:
What it took for 2:
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
* 1 cup orzo
* 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Tbs. poultry seasoning, or cajun, or whatever
* 2 small yellow or orange sweet peppers, minced
* 3 Tbs. pesto (if you need the recipe, hit me up!)
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
On a plate, sprinkle the chicken bites with the seasoning and some salt and pepper. Toss the sweet peppers into a skillet heated with oil and cook about a minute, then add chicken and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Right at the end, add a little milk or soy milk and watch it bubble. It’s fun.
In the meantime, bring some salted water to a boil and cook the orzo until it reaches al dente, about 4 minutes. Pull the orzo off the heat and toss in into the skillet with the chicken. Toss to coat.
To serve, drizzle a healthy tablespoon or two of pesto over each plate. Make sure you toss a bit of salt in there too if needed!