House Guest

I just gotta tell ya, I have a pretty cool house guest this weekend.

She’s French.

She’s fun.

She KILLS it behind the lens.

I’m talking about Helene Dujardin, you guys! That. Is. Right.

I have finally met someone who can OUT TALK me.

This is big.

And a wee bit frightening.

She’s holding 2 food photography workshops in KC this weekend! And she’s also holding a glass of wine in this photo. We get along smashingly.

Who else out there has a copy of Plate to Pixel and cradles it like a baby and gives it a paci?



And while we’re on the subject of photography, please don’t judge this photo. It was late and there was wine. I blame it on my apertshutterisospeedmanualfocuslens.

Helene, learn me, baby!

, ,

15 Responses to House Guest

  1. Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen October 14, 2011 at 4:01 pm #
    Wow!!! So jealous! I love Helene's book but have a loooooonnng way to go. Come to the SF Bay Area Helene! We need you!!!
  2. Lisa {With Style and Grace} October 14, 2011 at 4:07 pm #
    How fun, I love Helene [not in a creepy way]!! I can definitely see the two of you getting along :) You two have a great weekend and please have a glass of wine for me! xx
  3. Prana & Pie October 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm #
    Umm, I'm flying to KC tonight. Helene, hope you don't mind sharing the guest bed! :)
  4. Lauren October 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm #
    WHAA? She's staying with you? Unbelievable!
  5. Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray October 14, 2011 at 7:00 pm #
    So jealous! Have fun!
  6. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 14, 2011 at 7:59 pm #
    What an awesome houseguest and as we chatted about....I wish I was there too! And Helene is a talker, eh? Sounds perfect. I can gab with the best of em. Have fun with Helene and at the workshop. Can't wait to hear the deets!
  7. DessertForTwo October 14, 2011 at 9:33 pm #
    Helene is so sweet! Did you she let you drink wine before dinner? Once in Birmingham she told us that the French only drink champagne or cocktails BEFORE dinner, and then wine WITH dinner. I've adhered to her rule ever since! :)
  8. Deborah October 15, 2011 at 2:58 am #
    Met her for the first time in person this summer. Such a wonderful woman!
  9. Lisa Bates October 15, 2011 at 3:40 am #
    Still trying to come back down to earth! My family has heard all that they want to hear but still smiling at me with loving nods. I think they want me to talk about something else tomorrow. Guess what, peeps? 90% chance...same topic. 10% chance more subtle nuances of same. :)
  10. Hotly Spiced October 15, 2011 at 6:24 am #
    I've just had a wine so I think your photo looks terrific!
  11. Katie October 15, 2011 at 7:39 pm #
    Wait, seriously? I'm so jealous. I'm in LOVE with her book...can't believe you get to hang out with her for real! Tell her I say hi...pretty please?
  12. Cindy October 16, 2011 at 5:41 am #
    She's lovely! I had so much fun at her workshop today!
  13. Helene October 16, 2011 at 9:30 pm #
    Well, you and your readers sure know how to make a girl blush! I had such a good time these past couple of days. Thank you for being such a gracious host. You guys are the best!
  14. Cookie and Kate October 18, 2011 at 11:03 pm #
    I was so bummed that I couldn't make it to one of Helene's workshops! I live in OKC and have friends in KC but they already had a full house for the weekend. At least I have to book, right?
  15. Tracey October 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm #
    Wow! Love her book!

Leave a Reply