With rain on the way and the last episode of Dexter Season 4, I’d say Monday night is shaping up to be a nice one. Not to mention the grilled steak salads on our plate. And the clean yoga pants I’m wearing.
Grilled Steak Salads:
What it took for two famished adults:
* 1 pound flank steak (marinated overnight)
* 10 oz baby spring mix
* good handful candied almonds and pecans
* 10 grape tomatoes (halved)
* 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
* ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced (and grilled in a grill basket)
* 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Heat your grill to medium high. Grill the steaks to your preferred doneness. Mine is medium rare, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes. In the meantime, make your dressing. I simply whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl or jar until ready to dress the salad. In a medium bowl, combine the salad greens, tomatoes, candied nuts and red bell pepper. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Serve salad topped with sliced steak and crumbled blue cheese. Lastly, drizzle some of the steak juices over the salad. Oh, you will just die.