Easiest Fondue Night!

MORE LIKE FUNDUE. (oh please, you 100% saw that coming.)

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

Baaaaack in the day, when Aaron and I were freshly married and living in our downtown loft in Kansas City and I had a good tight neck, we hosted annual Christmas Fondue parties. Like, every year for YEARS. For maybe three years. So not every year. But a good solid three years! I think.

And we were suuuuper into it. EVERYONE came. All six of our friends. We were known for our fondue parties, man! They were ragers!

We had so much fondue. One cheese, one chocolate and one oil. So I guess not a LOT lot. Enough for our three friends.

Never mind.

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

So guess what. GUESS WHAT. Emmi USA (which is Swiss boutique extension of Roth Cheese, my lover) now has packaged fondue! I mean fondu. Fondü.

And it is BRILLIANT. They’ve premixed the Swiss cheese, white wine and Kirsch brandy into one sealed pouch, and all you gotsta do is focus on the dippers. Melt that cheese and put all your energy into dipping. Because we all know the dippage is where it’s at. (and the alcohol burns off, so don’t paper cut me.)

I know some of these dippers are super common. Hi, bread + cheese = life fulfillment. But I wanted to give you a few more nips for the noggin’, in case you’ve had a hankerin’ for the FONDUES lately.

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

We’re getting there, Nat. Simmer down. (<–see what I did there.)

I roasted a head of cauliflower, seared up some Andouille sausage, then sort of flash-steamed/sautéed the broccoli in the pan with the reserved sausage essence. We should start a band called Sausage Essence!

None of those words were good.

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

The melting of the cheese takes like 10 minutes. If that. Get it nice and velvety and try not to fondue your whole entire head. Because let’s just get it right. It happens.

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

Then just arrange it all on your dinner table and watch two tiny children become moths to a flame.

“Is that fire on the table?”

“That’s totally fire on the table.”

“Should we tell Mom?”

“No way, she’ll think we did it.”

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

The dippies! (<–never going to be sorry for that.)

Roasted cauli with fresh lemon juice and parsley. (life tip: This is good WITH ANYTHING AT ANY TIME EVER IN YOUR MOUTH.)

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

There’s that sausage, baby. The Andouille flavors are such a pleasant complement to the Swiss action. Will ate 3/4ths of the sausage in under 20 seconds. And I’ve never been prouder.

And strawberries! You might only think to pair strawberries with chocolate, but I’m telling your faces now, try it with cheese. This is a life path worth taking.

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

Now, before you question the wisdom of handing four-year-olds sharp, pointy wooden daggers, we snipped the ends off.

And by we I mean Aaron. I basically wanted a SWORD.

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

Also also, before you stress-purchase an actual fondue POT and SET and SKEWERS – guys.

Guys.

We (and by we I mean Aaron) found this old-school cast iron tea-light base at a thrift store for $5. FIVE DOLLARS!

(“I want my two dooollars.” – name that movie.)

Easiest Fondue Night / Bev Cooks

You must try this. The fondue is rich and flavorful out-of-this-world fantastic, there’s zero guess work involved, and you can really do anything with it! And if you swap in any dippies, please tell me what you use. You know I need these details to thrive in this world.

(This post is definitely in partnership with Emmi USA. But all ramblings and Swiss inhalings are totally my own. We coo?)

, ,

14 Responses to Easiest Fondue Night!

1. ilovehhg February 22, 2018 at 11:32 am #
    YUM! I haven't had fondue in years! Thanks for the tips. I think it's time to break out the fondue pot! P.S. I LOVE your posts!! :)
  2. Amanda February 22, 2018 at 11:37 am #
    Yum!!! You can never go wrong with cheese. I've never made fondue at home but would love to give it a try. What a fun idea.
  3. Catherine Lee February 22, 2018 at 11:50 am #
    Better Off Dead! Love that movie. But all I'm dying for is that fondue and dippers! Like right now. Looks super fun too!
  4. Lynne Knowlton February 22, 2018 at 12:01 pm #
    Bev, I love love love love the wallpaper. And of course, the fondue looks ahhhhmaze. Can you share where your wallpaper be from? Thanks a million! Lynne
  5. Brittani Slocombe February 22, 2018 at 2:15 pm #
    I was JUST telling my boyfriend that we needed to host a fondue night. This is perfect!!
  6. Kate February 22, 2018 at 2:29 pm #
    I LOVE swiss cheese fondue! It was requested birthday dinner every year when I was a kid. When I moved out, my Mom gave me the fondue set so she wouldn’t have to make it any more! I usually do bread, sausage and sliced green apples. Looking forward to trying your ideas, especially the broccoli!
  7. Jenna February 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm #
    I love fondue & am definitely going to try your strawberry dipping suggestion! It’s a myth that alcohol burns off so quickly though, you would have to simmer something for around 2.5 hours for only 5% of the alcohol to remain. A short simmer can leave 85% of the alcohol remaining). Don’t want to be a buzzkill but it is a very persistant myth! Here’s a link: https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/54140/does-cooking-alcohol-really-burn-it-all-off/
  8. Danielle February 22, 2018 at 8:08 pm #
    Tried it! I felt like a private eye detective from an 80s crime movie while tracking down this fondue set but Emmi has a cheese tracker on their website you can use to locate cheese near you! (Ah, 2018). We did the bread, cauliflower, broccoli and sausage but then it got a little like that scene in Gilmore Girls where Jackson gets a deep fryer for Thanksgiving and they start throwing everything in? (Deep dried shoe!) Except it was fondue. We did some boiled potatoes (weird) and green apple slices (delicious) and pretzel bites (ahmazing). Good stuff!
    • Danielle February 22, 2018 at 8:09 pm #
      *fried not dried
    • Bev Weidner February 22, 2018 at 9:20 pm #
      Ahhhhh, I LOVE that you tried it already! Isn't that cheese incredible? Like, I wanted to punch it in the face. And you know what, I'm all in for deep dried shoes. ;)
  9. Margaret Thompson February 22, 2018 at 9:05 pm #
    I have some fondue cheese in my fridge and cubed bread dying to escape my freezer- this might be happening Saturday night! Also, no green apples? We are big fans of the cheese and apple dipping. And also big chunks of ham, when I forget about sausage at the store.. Thanks for the great ideas!
    • Bev Weidner February 22, 2018 at 9:20 pm #
      I totally spaced on green apples! Next time, next time. :)
  10. joel timmons February 26, 2018 at 5:54 pm #
    Limburger pepper Jack. Unique. Fondue flavor
  11. firefox March 19, 2018 at 5:55 am #
    If you really upset because of your browser then just visit here to www firefox com download free mozilla firefox browser for your pc it is free of charge that provides you the best browsing experience.