JUST HEAR THOSE SLEIGH BELLS JINGLING, RING TING TINGLING TOOOOO.
Yeah that would be your fist in my face right about now.
It’s a craft post, you guys! And we’re making Christmas goodies. (please don’t barf)
I was going to wait until after Thanksgiving to post this, but then I thought about all the neurotic planner-obsessed weirdos out there like me who start Christmas shopping in the SUMMER, so I reasoned with myself that it’s really a genius idea to post this now that Halloween is behind us, as it’s actually doing us all a favor by getting this Christmas idea out there now and therefore putting you at ease and by you I mean me.
So, um, all the women in my family, could ya just, like, not look at my website today? Coo, coo.
Hand lotion. Cooooooompletely obsessed with it. So much that I seriously feel uncomfortable if it’s not within a 5-inch reach at all times. I’m the same way with lip balm, a bottle of water and kleenex because I feel like I have a dumb chronic sniffle that for the life of me has not and will not go away. That wasn’t exciting to know, was it.
So yeah, hand lotion. Absolutely gotta have it. You know, the first signs of aging are in the hands! And elbows. Is that not totally depressing and weird? Are you wanting me to just get to the process already? K.
1) Go get chew a huge thing of fragrance free lotion and a bunch of little travel-sized bottles. I got all my stuff at Target, and while I was there I took a look at their down comforters, only to discover they only have MOCK DOWN comforters. I mean what is that.
2) Pump pump pump that lotion into all the leetle bottles!
Look at the gross little hairs on my finger. It’s like fuzzy mcgee.
3) Take a little break and admire all that pumping yew jerst deed.
4) Okay now, grab a bunch of essential oils. Thiiiiis would be another obsession of mine. We have a little hippie store down the street where I get all my nag champa incense and essential oils and I swear I wish my nose could just live in there forever.
And this isn’t even our entire collection. Aaron had the peppermint in his backpack at work and I still can’t find the eucalyptuuuuusaaaaaa. (that’s me whining)
5) Pick your scents! My signature scent is a mix of lavender, peppermint and rosemary. About 15 drops each. You could totally try that (I won’t be mad), or go the floral route, or just one oil, or whatever! I even tried to mix nag champa ashes with the lotion and it didn’t do jack. And then I realized I’m an idiot.
6) Take a chopstick or something long and skinny and twirl it all around in the lotion, getting it all mixed. Smell it. OMG. Taste it. Kidding!
7) Now, you can leave them plain and clean OR you can grab some steeckers and decorate ‘em. I kind of like them with the stickers. Notice the UPSIDE DOWN sticker on that one to the left? Ugh, I’m such a lame crafter.
And that’s it! Now you have cutsie hand lotions for all your pals and buddies. I love these small sizes because they fit perfectly in your purse for when you’re ON THE GO.
So there you have it! We done did crafted. That wasn’t so painful now, was it?
And oh! If you liked this craft post, I posted a little heated rice sack tutorial last winter that cha might dig too.
You HAVE to tell me if you end up making these and what scents you picked so that I can totally copy you.