I’m pretty brain-dead right now. But I do have a few thoughts to throw out into the interwebs.
1) I got my teeth cleaned today and I feel like Giada De Laurentiis.
2) We may have ice on the way. AKA – I am never leaving my bedroom.
3) I have a cardboard cut. Did you know there is such a thing? There is. And it’s on my finger.
4) There are faint hints of aches in my joints and a possibility of a sore throat. Really? Now? I am going to bathe in echinacea, orange juice and chloraseptic tonight.
5) I tried to replicate my favorite salad from Lulu’s and let me say one thing – BOOYA.
Booya is such a weird word.
Spicy Chicken and Spinach Salad:
What it took for 2:
* 2 chicken breasts
* 1/2 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
* 1/2 tsp. Arizona Dreaming seasoning
* 1/8th tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1 (9 oz) bag baby spinach
* 1 tomato, diced
* 1 red bell pepper, sliced
* 1/2 cucumber, diced
* 1/3rd cup soy sauce
* 1 Tbs. fish sauce
* 1 Tbs. brown sugar
* 2 tsp. garlic chili sauce (or sambal oelek)
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro
* 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high. Season the chicken on both sides with all-purpose seasoning, Arizona Dreaming (or your favorite mexican or cajun seasonings), cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Cook chicken in pan until blackened and cooked through, about 6 or so minutes per side. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar and garlic chili sauce. Whisk together to become a dressing. Toss the spinach, red bell pepper, tomato and cucumber into the dressing until well coated. Top with sliced or diced chicken and top with cilantro.