Around our house we’re a little sniffly, a little achy and frankly worn out from the week. You might want to stay a few feet away. No, not you orange juice. You can hang. So can you red wine.
Enter healing soup of the night: Simple Seafood and Spinach Posole
What it took for 2:
* 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 small white onion, chopped
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 cups clam juice (more if needed)
* 1 (15 oz) can white hominy, drained and rinsed
* 1 small can salsa verde (or 1 cup)
* 2 Tbs. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
* 1 tsp. lime zest
* 1 lb bag frozen seafood mix, thawed
* 2 cups baby spinach
* 3 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, to soften. Add the garlic and let bloom for 30 seconds. Add the clam juice, hominy, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, lime zest and salsa verde and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the seafood and half the cilantro. Simmer for 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and spritz with lime juice if you like that brightness. I like the brightness. Take off heat and ladle into bowls. Top with remaining cilantro.