A few things about today:
1) My sunhat that blew onto my neighbor’s roof was stuck in his gutter overnight, and has since disappeared. Oops.
2) I’m this close to murdering my dog every time the mail man arrives.
3) I non-embarrassingly purchased Haley Reinhart’s (from American Idol) single “Benny and the Jets” from itunes today.
4) You guys, stop laughing and go listen. You won’t believe your ears.
5) Then come back to me and tell me how much you loved what you heard and how glad you are that you read this post which in turn changed your life for the better.
6) I take that back. I’m this close to murdering my dog anytime ANY HUMAN walks down the street.
7) I really like the way Ivanka Trump sounds when she speaks.
8) (I watch Oprah now that I’m home.)
9) Monday nights are meant for Mexican food.
10) Thank you and good night.
Smokey Shredded Chicken Tostadas:
What it takes for 6 tostadas:
* 1 rotissery chicken, skin removed and shredded
* 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
* 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp smoked paprika
* 1/2 cup cilantro, plus more for garnish
* juice of 1/2 a lime
* pinch of brown sugar
* 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
* 6 white corn tortillas
* cooking spray
* 1 avocado, sliced or diced
Preheat the oven to 400. Spray the corn tortillas on both sides and bake roughly 10 minutes, until they crisp up nicely.
In a food processor, toss in the chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, the cayenne, paprika, cilantro, garlic, lime and brown sugar. Blitz until well combined. Season with a teeny pinch of salt.
Heat a medium saucepan over medium and add the sauce. Bring to a light simmer and stir in the shredded chicken. Toss to combine and simmer about 10 minutes. Taste. SPICY!
To serve, top each toasted tortilla with the chicken mixture. Garnish with cilantro and avocado. Another spritz of lime? Oh, oh yes.