This weekend I:
* Washed some windows
* Washed 7 winter blankets
* Washed the dog
* Washed my face with a brand new bar of my favorite Burt’s Bees face soap
* Washed and sterilized my kitchen counters
* Watched Aaron wash his nose 794 times
* Washed my hair (I no longer look like a hair double for Charlize Theron in Monster)
* Washed a New York strip down with a fabulous California Pinot Noir
It’s safe to say I’m A-okay with life.
Grilled New York Strip with Sauteed Green Beans and Mexican Stuffed Yams:
What it took for 2 adults:
* 2 New York Strips, marinated overnight
* 2 garnet yams (or regular sweet potatoes)
* 1 avocado
* 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
* 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
* 2 scallions, finely sliced
* juice of one lime
* 1/2 tsp. cumin
* 8 oz green beans
* 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 350. Fork both yams and place them on a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until soft. Using a knife, slit the potatoes open and fluff the flesh. (that’s gross, I’m sorry)
Grill your steaks to your preferred doneness. Set aside to rest for about 15 minutes.
In a small bowl combine avocado, red bell pepper, cilantro, scallions, cumin and lime juice. Mash together and salt to taste.
In a medium saucepan heat a Tbs. of extra virgin oil oil and saute the green beans til tender, but crisp, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and a quick squeeze of lime juice.
To serve, spoon some of the avocado and red bell pepper relish into the opened potato and vow never to use the word flesh again. Enjoy!