Poutine Dogs

Are you even seeing this?

poutine

I’ve eaten 76 of them and I’m still in disbelief that they exist. I’d like to shake the hand of the genius who invented this whole poutine thing. And then I’d probably be tempted to do that little thing where you wiggle one finger inside the person’s hand you’re shaking. SO disgusting. And then he’d punch me square in the nose and I’d fall backwards, wagging my arms around all crazy like. But I’d land inside one of those huge foam pits so no major damage would be done to my unborn. Only my top knot. But there’s no real hope for that thing anyway, so we’re all good.

My point is, we’re making major headway on the nursery. The closet renovation is done, the crib is in, the glider/ottoman is ordered, we’ve got one shower down and one more this weekend, furniture is picked out, and there are fake babies in the crib to make it feel more real.

I AM KIDDING. That is beyond creepy and terrifying. I repeat, there are no fake babies in the crib. Only a couple of gift bags and stuffed animals from my childhood. Swear it.

What I’m trying to say is, this poutine dog still freaks me out. Beer brat, white cheddar cheese curds, FRENCH FRIES, and brown gravy.

w.h.a.t.

Which leaves me with my final point: super simple DIY clear mason jar chandelier for the nursery. Too trendy? Hail no? Still cute? Just do it and stop bugging the tar out of you?

Let’s eat some Poutine Dogs while we discuss this perplexity, shall we?

, , , , ,

20 Responses to Poutine Dogs

1. Aimee @ Simple Bites September 24, 2013 at 8:11 am #

Yay for poutine! It’s a favourite up here. ;) We put the sausage on the poutine, though, and skip the bun. Extra gravy? Yes, please.

2. Ali @ Inspiralized September 24, 2013 at 8:17 am #

Oh my. After visiting Canada for work a few times last year, I had some serious poutine, but this blows it away – totally creative! I love this. Thanks for posting!

3. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch September 24, 2013 at 8:48 am #

This looks out of this world! I can see why one might eat multiples of these plates of awesomeness!
    The chandelier sounds amazing!!! And thanks for the morning giggles!!!

4. Tieghan September 24, 2013 at 8:48 am #

Ok, I had to look these ones up, but my gosh!! I have been missing out! In freaking credible! And the fries? Heck yes!

5. Jennie @themessybakerblog September 24, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Ah, where have these been all my life? I need to get me one in my mouth…now!

6. Brittani September 24, 2013 at 9:19 am #

YEAH for a nursery! I hope you post a couple pictures. I can see you having some serious style.

• Bev Weidner September 24, 2013 at 9:44 am #

Oh, once it’s completely done, I’ll do a full post on it!

7. Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps September 24, 2013 at 10:11 am #

Yumeee!! Bev, you never fail to make me laugh; thanks for making my not-so-great start to the day a whole lot more cherry! Oh, and pleaaaase tell me you’ll be giving us a sneak of the nursery?!

8. Cookbook Queen September 24, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Yes to the chandelier. And the pountine dogs. Come to think of it, I’ll eat a few while I supervise you installing the chandelier. Sound like a plan?

9. Erin L September 24, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

Clear Mason Jar Chandelier for the nursery? DIVINE!! Can I steal?? (We’re having a boy, so the Timothy Oulton crystal chandelier I had picked out may be a teeny bit ostentatious.) Also, if anyone knows where to get cheese curds in Los Angeles help a sister out!

10. Katie September 24, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

Come make a mason jar chandelier for my nursery, and I’ll allow it. I’ll also allow you to bring along some of these little doggies to snack on while I watch you work.

11. Stacey I September 24, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

Totally want to see pics of shower[s] and nursery :)

12. Des September 24, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

I can’t even…amazing. I fell in love with poutine on a trip to Whistler last winter and now I MUST try it on brats. Like. Now.

13. Laurie {SimplyScratch} September 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm #

Bring on the poutine baby!

14. Tracy | Peanut Butter And Onion September 25, 2013 at 8:14 am #

Poutine is like a national dish up here in Canada.. awesome

15. Courtney @ Neighborfood September 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

AH! Fake babies in cribs…that’s one part of nesting I just can’t quite get behind. Poutine Dogs though?? Soooo all over that one!

16. Julie @ Table for Two September 25, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

Poutine Dogs, heck yeah!

17. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious September 26, 2013 at 12:49 am #

Amazing! I think I could have 76 of these too!

18. Maria G. September 26, 2013 at 8:30 am #

Yay, fake babies in cribs… Hm…Let I think of it thoroughly. No way cribs for fake babies only, that’s what I’ll say. And as for poutine, It isn’t hard to make. So thumbs up for all you poutine lovers, which honestly speaking I am too :-)