Did all of those words make you weepy just now?
Can we just talk about the brilliance of naan pizzas? Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE making my own pizza dough. It’s actually among my favorite hobbies! That and quoting Friends episodes. And Sex and the City episodes. And all TV shows. Never mind.
But naan as a base? It’s one of those “oh yeaaaaaah” things in cooking life. And we’re pimping this one OUT, yo.
First of all, rotisserie chicken. Another one of my favorite hobbies is to shred a rotisserie chicken. It’s so therapeutic and satisfying!
I need to get out more.
And then we have frozen corn. Which you’ll broil under the hottest blast of heat until they char and pop and shrivel and darken and become little pockets of sweet baby glory.
And the cheese? Um, Roth’s JALAPENO Havarti omg. You know my unwavering devotion for anything and everything havarti. Add jalapeno to that? Honey child, please.
I love this pizza because it’s shortcuts meets bomb boom flavor. If you get a good rotis, your life is made.
If you broil that corn to smithereens, just consider yourself president.
If you use Roth’s havarti that’s ALREADY PACKED with peppa essence, you can shut not only the front door, but the whole house.
And then add fresh jalapeno because that is being a smart person in this life.
Oh hiiiieeeeeee. ^^
It’s so simple! Get that cheese melty and brown and bubbly. Everything underneath is this gorgeous mix of comfort (with the chicken), sweet (with the corn), a tad spicy (with the cheese), and it all comes together like a ragin’ naan pizza rave in your mouth cavity.
I mentioned I need to get out more?
Of course you’ll garnish with fresh cilantro. That’s what you do. Unless you think it tastes like soap. Then garnish it with a pine tree, I dunno.
This is SO GOOD, you guys. One of those weeknight splendors that tastes like a lot of work, but comes together like a dang diva.
Also! I’ve had a LOT of you ask where you can buy Roth cheeses. I get mine really everywhere! Major grocery stores, and even Trader Joe’s has it. Seek it out! It’s worth it. Promzee.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (bones and skins discarded)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- About a cup of store bought pizza sauce
- 1 (6 oz) block Roth’s jalapeño havarti, grated
- 4 naan breads
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to broil on high.
- Arrange the frozen corn on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with a Tbs. of oil. Season with a pinch of salt, and broil anywhere from 8-12 minutes. Keep an eye on it! You want the corn charred and blistered.
- Now flip the oven to 400.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over each naan bread. Top with shredded chicken, a sprinkling of broiled corn, and another sprinkling of jalapeño havarti. Place a few peppers on top of each pizza, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble and brown.
- Garnish with pizza with cilantro leaves, and serve immediately!
- Makes four pizzas.
Now I desperately need pizza.
(This post is definitely in partnership with my lover, Roth Cheese. But all ramblings and cheese inhalings are totally my own. We coo?)
6 Responses to Chicken and Jalapeno Havarti Naan Pizzas