You’re like, “This is the 55th new series you’ve started in the last week, Bev.” That’s right. Get excited.
This is going to be supercalifragilalalala fun. Every six to eight weeks or so, I’m going to pop in and tell you alllll about what we as a family are completely obsessed with. They may be products you can buy, activities you can try, drankies you can drank, whatever. Also, full disclosure because the law: the Elf bag and Sena pack ‘n play you’ll see below were given to me for review. Therefore, product and/or monetary compensation exchanged hands. However, all opinions and total honesty are all my own, dudes.
Let’s dive in, shall we?
1) Copper Spray Paint! Totally obsessed. While the real deal is as fabulous as it can and will ever be, it’s also butt-bonkers exprawnsive. So why not pimp the stuff you already have and create the look you want with a little DIY voodoo? Ikea lamps get a mini makeover. Thrifted goodies get a metallic facelift. Old glass candle holders get a ritzy revival. Hello, yes. And get this, you can buy copper spray paint in different hues, like aged, metallic, etc. In other words, hardware store, get on it.
2) Field flowers! How many times have you been driving down the highway, or a dirt road, or your neighbor’s front yard and spotted thee most glorious native wild flowers and wanted to immediately stop and pick errr last one? I know. And can I just say that during our last trip to Arkansas, Aaron and I found ourselves on the side of the road three times doing just that. I can’t halp it! Seeing wide open fields blanketed with color is just so jaw dropping. All the whites, oranges, purples, pinks. Weeds are cool, man. Just be careful because I think in certain states you can get thrown in prison. So you know, watch your back. And pick some dang flowers.
3) This Elf Copenhagen bag, OMG. I have a slightly terrifying affinity for tan leather bags. This one in particular. It’s just so dang fabulous I want to punch it. Nifty thing is, it can be worn cross body OR shoulder. Which if you’re constantly in a hurry (#toddlers) and just need to freaking grab it and run, you can. It’s roomy, but not bulky. It’s got plenty of pockets on the inside, but not in an overwhelming way. And that LINING, are you even seeing that? It comes in a variety of colors and Aztec patterns, but I’m definitely partial to the marriage of black, white and tan. Amen.
This is my second bag from Elf, the first being a birthday present I gifted myself years ago, and I can assure you, these babes hold UP. In other words, get bagged.
4) Palo Santo sticks! Ugh. You know that little lifestyle shop I gushed about a couple months ago when I went to Portland? I bought these there, and I cannot.quit.them. I’ve been a Nag Champa cheerleader for over 15 years. An essential oil lover for nearly 10. But these magical hippie sticks, gah. There’s something so mystical about them. Palo Santo technically means “holy wood” (heh heh), and supposedly holds healing and medicinal powers. They smell very cedar-y. A bit forest-y, in a way. But when you light the little stick and wave it around in the air as you ward off all the demons and chant for rain in your bohemian peasant dress, it’s just so heavenly rustic. I believe you can also buy Palo Santo essential oil and actual incense! I personally love the little natural stick bundles, myself. In other words, get Palo’d.
5) Disc Golf! This one’s especially for the dudes. Aaron is commmmpletely obsessed with disc golf right now. You probably remember it called Frisbee golf in college, and Aaron’s telling me it’s basically the same thing. (He seriously just said, “It’s like gelatin golf and Jello golf.” oooooookay?) But instead of bigger, lighter Frisbees, you use slightly smaller, weighty-er discs. You guys, I have no idea. All I know is that it’s exercise, it makes him happy, there are courses everywhere, you can play with a group or alone, and it’s free! In other words, get disc’d.
6) This INCREDIBLE Sena Pack ‘n Play by Nuna.
Okay, so Natalie ate our first pack ‘n play. Literally ate it. I’m talking ripped the side open with her claws, chewed through to the stuffing and digested it. And you-know-what it. Yeah. So after months of me duct taping the sides together, only to find her eating the freaking duct tape the next morning, I was like, over it. So let me just tell you, this Sena p-n-p is RIDIC. Such a lifesaver! It’s so crazy easy to put together and break down. It’s got a sleek portable changing station that makes traveling a cinch. And it’s not dumb looking, ya know? No bright colors or animals or weird patterns. I love the all black and slick design. HUGE thumbs up from this mama. In other words, get packed. And then played.
7) Last but nevah evah least, ROSÉ. Eeeee! I knowwww, I know, it’s super trendy right now to be drinking rosés, but I don’t even rightly care, because since before Mother’s Day, I declared this summer MY SUMMER OF ROSÉ. And I’m sticking to it. But before you barf, listen! The way they make a rosé now is dry. DRY, baby. Not like an overly sweet, crappy Moscato or something. No no, they’re crisp, refreshing, dry and downright delightful. I can almost guarantee that your liquor store has a display of popular rosés. And if they don’t, they’ll be over the moon to show you the goods. If they’re cool like that.
I’m in a group text with nine of my closest girlfriends, and seriously, every week we send around photos of what we’re drinking, and these are all mine! hahaha. ha? In other words, get roséd.
And there we have it! A teensy taste of our current summer obsessions, yo. Thanks for humoring me for what probably felt like your entire adult life just now.
Okay, I’m dyinnnngg to know, are you drinking rosés? Do you have a favorite? Do you pick flowers from the side of the road? Play gelatin golf? Burn Palo Santo? Obsess over tan bags? Have one of these bawdaw pack ‘n plays? Spray paint every last thing in your house copper? If so, hello all the fist bumps.
Until next time. (and by that I mean tomorrow’s post. ugh.)