Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls

Total cop-out post . . . or brilliance. I’ll let you decide. But if it’s cop-out, don’t tell me, coo?

pizzarolls4

I don’t know what it is lately, if I’m subconsciously preppin’ for the after-school snacks era, or if my little leeches love pizza and tortillas and cheese just as much as I do, but you GUYZ. There ain’t no stop button on these.

Do you want to punch me for using a z just now?

I woke up from one of my precious (<—-ew) afternoon naps the other day with a flood of drool on my pillow and hot, crispy pizza rolls on the brain. STARVING. FAMISHED. WITHERING AWAY.

But I’m not dramatic about it or anything.

pizzarolls1  pizzarolls2

When I was a little, we used to eat those frozen pizza rolls, ya know? The ones in the bag, ya know? The ones you either toasted or microwaved, ya know? The ones filled with chemicals and acid and turpentine and were so yummy you thought about them ALL DAY LONG and couldn’t WAIT to get home and eat 47 billion and watch the Brady Bunch and then spend 30 minutes BUT NOT A SECOND MORE playing Nintendo before starting your homework? Ya know?

pizzarolls3

I mean sure, these are white flour tortillas with a bunch of melty cheese in them (holla), but I’d like to believe they’re a few notches better for us than those awesome turpentine rolls.

I had a bunch of low-fat string cheese left over from my early pregnato days, which are diddly dang PUUUFECT for slicing up and stickin’ in these here rollies.

Do you want to paper cut me for saying rollies just now?

pizzarolls5

Use your favorite homemade or jarred pizza sauce, grab some simple or fancy or anything in between cheese, sprinkle with dried herbs, roll up some white, whole wheat, gluten-free WHAT HAVE YOU tortillas and toast up some freaking pizza rolls, duders.

pizzarolls6

I miss the Brady Bunch.

Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls:

What it took for 12 rolls:

* 2 large tortillas
* 1/2 cup (about) favorite pizza sauce
* string cheese (sliced), cheddar slices, whatever you dig
* dried thyme (a pinch or two)

Using a pizza cutter, slice the tortillas into even strips. Evenly and lightly spread some pizza sauce along each strip. Top with cheese of choice and sprinkle with thyme. Roll up into little . . . well, rolls.

Pop in the toaster oven seam-side down for about 5 minutes. Maybe 7. Just keep an eye on them until they’re browned on top and crispy, and the cheese is melted and oozing out and singing “Love is a Many-Splendored Thing” to you.

Serve immediately!

options: pesto with tiny chicken chunks, any leftover sauce you have in the fridge like alfredo or creamy tomato, thinly sliced ham, whole wheat tortillas, gluten-free tortillas, fresh herbs, go CRAY.

pizzarolls7

Do you want to body slam me for saying cray just now?

, , ,

43 Responses to Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls

1. Tieghan September 16, 2013 at 8:14 am #

Heck yes!! Pizza rolls rule. Everyone loves them and they are perfect anytime of the day!

• Pat April 29, 2014 at 10:29 pm #

This is a great idea! It can also be made by rolling up the ingredients in a tortilla and frying on the stovetop with a little cooking spray and then cutting it into pieces…I love the melted cheese!!

2. Des September 16, 2013 at 9:19 am #

Love these! I too used to eat those pizza rolls. ALL THE TIME. When I would go over to my boyfriends (my now husbands) house after school, these would be the meal he’d make me. It was sweet so I still have a soft spot for the pizza rolls. These look like the perfect alternative :)

3. cassie September 16, 2013 at 9:37 am #

I wish I didn’t know the real-deal-pizza-rolls were SOOOoooo bad for me, because I would still eat them. But now I have these. You are my hero.

4. Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness September 16, 2013 at 9:49 am #

Oh my gosh, these are going to make my hubby soooo happy. He was complaining the other day that he misses those frozen and so bad for you pizza rolls….now he has these. Thanks for giving me some hubby brownie points!

5. Megan {Country Cleaver} September 16, 2013 at 9:58 am #

Gimme dem rollie pollie pizzaoles!!

6. dishing up the dirt September 16, 2013 at 10:09 am #

I’m a total sucker for a good old fashioned pizza roll. These looks fabulous!

7. datondra September 16, 2013 at 10:15 am #

I think I might just love you! I’m gluten intolerant & I really miss my pizza roll thingys. You have blessed me today! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

8. Jennie @themessybakerblog September 16, 2013 at 10:42 am #

These are the perfect after-work snack. Oh, these will be made.

9. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar September 16, 2013 at 10:44 am #

So simple! And definitely delicious looking – love!

10. Liz @ The Lemon Bowl September 16, 2013 at 10:56 am #

Ok it’s official…you are going to be the cutest mom on the planet!! I want 32,394.45 of these right now.

11. Heather @ Forsythia + Oak September 16, 2013 at 11:03 am #

Pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza for suppertimeeeee. Mmm now I know what I want for a (super healthy and balanced) dinner ;-)

12. Cookbook Queen September 16, 2013 at 11:22 am #

We still eat those frozen pizza rolls. But these look way better!!

13. steph@stephsbitebybite September 16, 2013 at 11:30 am #

This is such a brilliant idea!

14. Averie @ Averie Cooks September 16, 2013 at 11:35 am #

So adorable and what a creative idea! My daughter would love to help make these!

15. dixya| food, pleasure, and health September 16, 2013 at 12:01 pm #

this is such a creative idea to enjoy pizza – I will be making it soon :)

16. Amy September 16, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

These look so tasty I am tempted to make them for lunch…

17. Sheila September 16, 2013 at 12:44 pm #

YOU’re makin kiddo food ; )

18. Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe September 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

Yuuuuum. The ease of these only makes them even more appetizing to me!

19. Laura September 16, 2013 at 1:02 pm #

Scrumptious photo and love the writing. I am definitely now craving both a nap AND a better for you pizza roll. Maybe will add this to my coworker lunch share menu this week…

20. Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain September 16, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

Dude, I could totally eat 4, 563 of those old school pizza rolls. I am so thankful you’ve made a healthier version!!

21. Sues September 16, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

This is so the PERFECT afternoon snack. Would be in heaven if I had these at my desk right now!

22. Katie September 16, 2013 at 4:09 pm #

oooh baby. can we come over for after school (after nap?) snacks sometime?

23. Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste September 16, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

Cop-out? NO WAY! Total genius-ness (new word), Bev!

24. sally @ sallys baking addiction September 16, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

I made pizza rolls once but they definitely didn’t look as wonderful as these. I could eat all 12 if I really let myself… so good!

25. Julie @ Table for Two September 16, 2013 at 6:51 pm #

After work snack? I say yes please!

26. Becky September 17, 2013 at 12:01 am #

Thank you, these look excellent for the little ones who like to eat on the RUN!

27. Marie @ Little Kitchie September 17, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

uhhh genius!

28. Christina September 18, 2013 at 7:39 am #

I don’t have a toaster oven, how would I cook them in the oven?

• Bev Weidner September 18, 2013 at 7:55 am #

Hey, Christina! I’d say just bake them on a little tray or baking sheet in your oven at 350 for maybe 8 to 10 minutes? Something like that!

29. Cartier Bracelet Sale September 21, 2013 at 4:35 am #

such as binaural cartier become prominent among the sports athletes, businesses, and the ones performing to their private improvement additionally religious head condition. These are typically widely used all over the world concerning meditation and as an effective to Easy technique on bypass the actual aware mind and also function straight with the subconscious. Within the last couple of years they have become more well known.

30. Ruthy @ Omeletta September 27, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

Love these! I feel like I’m in fifth grade all over again :)

31. Sophia October 5, 2013 at 1:01 am #

Home made pizza are the pick of all the cited for me. I would try to make it because i know this would be my first attempt . Seems yummy to me in the pictures. Can’t resist. Thanks a ton.

32. Gianna January 13, 2014 at 10:54 pm #

I’ve been making tortilla pizzas since I was a kid. I sometimes roll them up after cooking them and eat them like that. This looks like fun for the kids.

1. Mango Black Bean Pizza | recipes180.info - October 5, 2013

[…] Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls | Bev Cooks […]

2. Idiot-Proof Recipes For Even The Worst Cook (PHOTOS) | PizzaOnlineDelivery.com - October 11, 2013

[…] the Straightforward Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe by means of Bev …See all tales on this […]

3. Idiot-Proof Recipes For Even The Worst Cook (PHOTOS) | Pizza Order Online - October 12, 2013

[…] the Easy Selfmade Pizza Rolls Recipe by using Bev …See all stories on this […]

4. Tailgating Recipes from 10Alike | Live Dan 330 - October 13, 2013

[…] Rolls! This one is from Bev Cooks. We have made this one several times and like it because it is quick and easy. It is especially […]

5. 10 Super Bowl Appetizers - January 6, 2014

[…] Add a Pinch Poppy Seed Chicken Dip {2} Bev Cooks Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls {3} Wildtree Corn Bread Chili Bowls {4} I Breathe… I’m […]

6. Aperitivo de Pizza + Doce de Limão - Latika Blog - Latika Blog - January 24, 2014

[…] e fotos por Bcooks e Ricota não […]

7. Pizza Rolls | YouthCO Nutrition Blog - March 22, 2014

[…] http://bevcooks.com/2013/09/easy-homemade-pizza-rolls/ […]

8. Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls | IMG Recipes| Share Your Favorite Recipes, Cooking Tips & Food Images - April 11, 2014

[…] Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls. You won’t regret it. For full “Easy Homemade Pizza Rolls” recipe click here […]

9. 25 Easy Dinners That Absolutely Anyone Can Make | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips - August 14, 2014

[…] bevcooks.com […]