80% of the Christmas gifts are wrapped and under the tree. 12% is sitting on my kitchen table. The last 8% has yet to arrive. 18% of the lights are burned out on our little Christmas tree. 65% of me doesn’t care. 30% of the snow has melted. 25% of it has been replaced by ice. 95% of the current temperature is ridiculous. The goods news is, 100% of me is more than satisfied with a simple steak and greens dinner.
What it took for 2:
* 1 pound flank steak (cut in half and marinated all day in a mixture of soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, olive oil, minced garlic and hot chili sauce)
* 1 head butter lettuce, rinsed and shredded into ribbons
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4th cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
* juice from 1/2 a lime
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a hot pan, sear the steaks until your preferred doneness. I like it medium-rare, so a good 3 or 4 minutes per side. Tent the meat and let rest for about 10 minutes.
Pour the rest of the marinade into the hot pan and let it reduce about 3 minutes. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine garlic, lime juice and cilantro. Whisk in the olive oil to become a dressing. Add the cooked marinade to the dressing and whisk a tad more. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Serve steak with salad topped with dressing. Add some shaved parmesan if you feel it. It’s so good and simple, it might become a Sunday night staple!