Well hello November. You’re crisp, overcast and breezy. Now if you want to stay just like this until March, we’ll be cool, okay? No? Not a chance at all? What if we ask my good friend Andrew Jackson? Still no?
Okay the laughing hurts.
Baked Chicken Sausage with Cannellini Beans and Swiss Chard:
What it took for 2 Adults:
* 4 italian style chicken sausages, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 1 bunch swiss chard, ends trimmed and leaves cut into good sized ribbons
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tomato bouillon
* ¼ cup organic chicken broth
* 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 Tbs. smoked paprika
* 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* good handful of panko or breadcrumbs
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat your oven to 400. In a medium sized skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and sauté for about 5 minutes, until plump. Remove from skillet and set aside. Back in the skillet add the garlic and let bloom for about 30 seconds. Add the tomato bouillon and broth and bring to a simmer and let the cube dissolve. Season broth with paprika. If you happen to be sipping some red wine, pour a tad in. Add the swiss chard and let it braise for about 5 minutes, wilting. Add the beans and nestle in the cooked sausage. Taste and season accordingly. Top with panko or breadcrumbs and bake for about 20 minutes. Give a good drizzle of olive oil to your finished plate along with freshly grated parmesan. And by the way, Andrew Jackson is the president on the $20 bill. Yea, I had to look it up too.