So today on Oprah she challenged her Harpo staff to a 7-day vegan diet. I have to say, it inspired me. I’m ready to take on a stimulating health challenge! But I can’t decide between vegetarian or vegan. So, my question to you is: Who’s with me? Which diet should we take on together?
Oh awesome, I can hear you running to your car, slamming the door and high-tailing it to the Canadian border.
What I’ll do is plan 5-7 days worth of the highest-voted diet, post them at the start, and if you’re interested, take the challenge with me! (And if you’re already a vegetarian or vegan, I’ll happily take recipes to try!)
You guys Canada is cold.
Arugula Salad with Roasted Salmon and New Potatoes:
Adapted from Martha Stewart:
What it took for 2:
* 1 10 oz tub of baby arugula and spring greens
* 2 salmon fillets, skins removed
* 1 pound new red potatoes, quartered
* 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
* 2 tsp Dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1) Preheat oven to 450. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the taters with 1 Tbs. oil; season with salt and pepper. Throw them in and roast for 10 minutes.
2) After 10 minutes, toss the potatoes and push them to the sides of the sheet. Place the salmon in the center of the sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the salmon is opaque.
3) Transfer the the salmon to a plate and break it into large pieces with a fork.
4) While the fish and potatoes are cooking, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, cilantro and remaining 2 Tbs. oil in a large bowl. Toss in some salt and pepper.
5) Add the arugula and potatoes, toss to combine.
6) Top salad with salmon chunks and go. to. town.