This morning’s breakfast is sort of hodgepodge. Using a mix of Japanese mushrooms, cumin-spiced eggs and fresh parmesan, I’m going global! Or, uh, purging the last of the fridge goods before heading to the store. Let’s go with global.
What it took for 2:
* 2 whole wheat flour tortillas
* 3 eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin
* 1 small maitake mushroom, end trimmed and the mushroom leaves separated
* 1/2 a red onion, sliced thinly
* 1 cup spinach
* 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro
* parmesan shavings
* 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium skillet, heat oil and add onions. Let sizzle and cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 more minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Back in the skillet, heat another Tbs. oil and add beaten eggs. Scramble to your liking and add in the spinach to let wilt.
To serve, place egg in the center of a heated tortilla and top with mushrooms and onions. Lastly sprinkle with cilantro and parmesan shavings. Done!