Chicken Sausages with a Spicy Corn Saute

I don’t know about you, but I might have a little crush on chicken sausages. Especially the sun-dried tomato ones. Actually, any flavor works for my fragile heart.

I’m prepared to make friendship bracelets for the chicken sausages.

I’m prepared to make a mix tape for the chicken sausages.

I’m prepared to take a picture of the chicken sausages, blow it up, hang it on my wall, and sing “Vision of Love” to it.

I’m prepared to be violently handcuffed and drug away to a dingy prison cell for the remainder of my days, all for my undying love of chicken sausages.

Okay so maybe not that last part. But dude, I’ll make a mix tape.

I ain’t skeered.

p.s.¬† Okay, is it drug or dragged? I can’t ever keep that one straight.

Chicken Sausages with a Spicy Corn Saute:

What it took for 4:

* 1 package (5 links) sun-dried tomato chicken sausages
* 4 ears corn
* 1 red onion, finely diced (or 4 baby ones)
* 1/2 fresh cayenne pepper, minced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
* 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 tsp coarse salt
* 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

Grill the sausages over medium-high until plump and browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and chop into bite-sized chunks.

Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the onions and cayenne and sauté until softened, 4 minutes. Add the garlic and bloom 30 seconds. Add in the corn, season with salt and pepper and cook an additional 5 minutes.

Lastly, toss in the peas and heat through, 2 minutes.

Toss corn saute with chicken sausages and garnish with parsley.

EAT.

, , , , , ,

17 Responses to Chicken Sausages with a Spicy Corn Saute

1. nicole b. August 24, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

Yum! I recently discovered the magic of the chicken sausage at my local Target. Archer Farms, baby. Here are a couple of suggested jams for the mixtape:

and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvaExDwQ5cU

• Bev Weidner August 24, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

Those jams are awesome!

• Kelly August 25, 2011 at 2:19 am #

Love Target’s selection (and prices) of chicken sausages!

2. Katie August 24, 2011 at 9:05 pm #

I always see those chicken sausages and think…”I wonder if their any good” – I guess this answers my question. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real cayenne pepper – I love that wiggly little snake shape.

3. blackbookkitchendiaries August 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm #

your photos are really stunning! thank you for sharing this with us!

4. Maris (In Good Taste) August 24, 2011 at 10:05 pm #

I so totally needed the laugh! These are gorgeous photos and a great recipe! Excellent post!

5. Julia August 24, 2011 at 10:55 pm #

That looks amazing! And I totally agree about chicken sausage – so good!

6. Ryan August 25, 2011 at 1:46 am #

Hi! I just found your blog from your guest post on Taste and Tell. Love your recipes and your great sense of humor and I look forward to following! You have a fantastic blog!

• Bev Weidner August 25, 2011 at 2:05 am #

Hey Ryan, thank you so much! Great to meet you!

7. Heather of Kitchen Concoctions August 25, 2011 at 5:48 am #

I have also been obsessed with chicken sausage as of late. My store sells a wonderful chicken sausage stuffed with feta and spinach that is just fabulous. BTW great interview over on Taste and Tell Blog.

8. Sherilyn @ Wholepromise August 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

Loving the sound of that corn saute. It looks delicious. Thanks for all your recent posts over my way. It is always great to read your comments.

9. Alison @ ingredients, Inc. August 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

This looks awesome!

10. Kasey August 26, 2011 at 3:10 am #

Ha! I love chicken sausages. And turkey ones, too!

11. sara September 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

Love this recipe! It looks like a really delicious dinner dish…lots of great flavor going on! :)

12. Margaret September 20, 2011 at 2:03 am #

Hi, just stumbled over from Tastespotting! Great recipe, and because you asked it’s actually “dragged.” Cheers!

13. Chloe Madison Marie September 20, 2011 at 6:55 am #

Wow, I might fall behind with all your posts, looking absolutely stunning of course.

1. Table for Two: Wednesday | Prana & Pie - A yogini's quest for the good life. - September 1, 2011

[…] dinner was again inspired by le Bestie Bev, who made a wonderful sausage and corn saute last week. I used the veggies we had in the fridge, […]