My lawn is fertilized and seeded. Birds are making a nest above my outdoor patio speaker. Springs showers make their way in and out of the area. My dog has only killed 2 rabbits so far this season. Let’s just go ahead and call this “success.”
Oh and Seth, you’re right. This might just be the best food on the planet.
What it takes for 2:
* 2 chicken breasts
* 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* 4 Tbs. favorite taco seasoning
* 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/2 avocado, diced
* 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
* 1 jalapeno, sliced (you can remove the ribs and seeds if you’re a sissy)
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
* 1 lime (you’ll use the juice at the end)
* 4 cups blue corn tortilla chips
* coarse salt and pepper
Preheat the oven 475.
Heat the olive oil over medium. Season the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Add to the pan. Saute on both sides until cooked through, about 15 minutes total. Remove from pan and let rest about 6 minutes. Give the chicken a rough dice.
In a shallow dish, layer the chips, some cheese, the chicken, black beans, the jalapeno and more cheese. Bake for 7 minutes.
Top with avocado, cilantro and a good spritz of lime. Dive. in. right. this. second.
No comments yet.