I think it’s pretty obvious, but it’s comfort food week at the Weidner abode. Is this a bad thing? Ask my waistline. Is this a good thing? Ask my husband.
Moroccan Chicken with Couscous:
What it takes for 4:
* 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* 2 onions, thinly sliced
* 3 carrots, diced
* 1 (14.5 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
* 1 (14.5) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 zucchini, halved and sliced into quarters
* 1/2 tsp. chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
* 1/2 tsp. tumeric
* 1 cup organic chicken broth
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/2 cup couscous
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large pot combine chicken, onions, carrots, spices, broth and water. Simmer with a lid for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the zucchini and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with couscous. Look at you, all Moroccan-like.