Monthly Mixtape: My Eyes Are Up Here

November!

How?

HOW.

Monthly Mixtape: My Eyes Are Up Here

And no, you’re right –  totally didn’t get a mixtape up last month. It was one of those little life eras where there was LESS than zero time to pull one together. My bad! Don’t hate. Just appreciate?

I hope this one makes it up to you, though. Because it’s kind of special.

And listen, you know me and this space. I don’t dare get political. Because my slice of the internet isn’t about that. It’s a safe space. Zero hate. Zero ego. Just fun. Buuuuuuuut, in this perplexing, frustrating political climate, I felt it only appropriate to create a mixtape for WOMEN. For women EMPOWERMENT. Because no matter where you stand in this complete d-bag of a situation, women have a voice. And it’s a dang warrior voice. And we need to stretch it and express it and fire it up!

And vote.

So this is my mix for us gals! It’s not super tampon-y, though. I’ll save the pillow fight for another mixtape.

Oh and – there IS one song on here that’s straight up irony. So don’t send hate mail telling me I’m contradictory. It’s on purpose. Just warning you.

Also, there is no Beyonce on here. Don’t get mad. BUT I SWEAR YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE THIS MIXTAPE.

I give you . . . the “My Eyes Are Up Here” mix.

This time last year!

This time TWO years ago.

THREE YEARS AGO. Wow.

, , ,

9 Responses to Monthly Mixtape: My Eyes Are Up Here

1. Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven November 1, 2018 at 11:10 am #
    YESSS - love the titles you give these mix tapes! And yes, VOTE!!! Thanks for making these awesome soundtracks each season, month, whatevs, you're the bees knees Bev!
  2. Ali November 1, 2018 at 12:41 pm #
    Listening right now and you're right... it is alll the fire emojis!! Thanks for putting it together!
  3. Meg November 1, 2018 at 1:03 pm #
    Looooooove.
  4. Susan November 1, 2018 at 4:51 pm #
    And thank you for not posting political stuff! I'm over all of it, left and right, Rep and Dem, liberals and conservatives. And I will be so happy when the political ads are gone! Give me commercials showing cute puppies with dirty paws, babies with sweet faces and ads for shiny cars.
    • Meredith November 1, 2018 at 8:27 pm #
      Ditto, Susan!!!
  5. Kylie November 2, 2018 at 4:01 am #
    Love, Love, Love this mixtape. Thank you. Just what I needed to start November.
  6. CJ | A WELL-READ TART November 2, 2018 at 8:17 am #
    I love "Not Ready to Make Nice." I fire that one up whenever I'm in a bad mood and belt it out while driving with the windows down. Another song I love along this "yay, women!" vibe: "Salute" by Little Mix.
  7. Brittany November 3, 2018 at 9:08 pm #
    So good! Surprised about bikini kill being on here! 😜
    • Bev Weidner November 4, 2018 at 7:25 am #
      Ha! You mean Le Tigre?? I don't have Bikini Kill, but I did throw some good ol' Le Tigre on here. :)