Did you honestly think they’d let someone like me even cross the prison threshold? Please.
Let’s talk about coffee mugs! Also known as, the cockcrow caffeine-carrying cauldron of cheer.
But I’m not dramatic about it or anything.
It all started, I want to saaay, two Mother’s Days ago. Aaron came home from work early on Friday afternoon to surprise me with the loveliest magazine, and a coffee mug. A stunning, off-white handmade coffee mug made from a small local company. I was so moved in that tiny moment, looking at this handcrafted art, that I decided to dedicate the rest of my life to seeking and collecting handmade cream coffee mugs from makers. Not factories. MAKERS. Real hands making real things at real shops. For real.
I’m gonna walk you through my seven mugs (one for each day of the week because I’m obnoxiously cheesy.), and introduce you to these incredibly talented makers! Obviously not sponsored, just featuring solely for the love.
(Also, sorry about my chipped nails. I seriously thought I painted them before taking these photos. I guess it slipped my mind. I have twin toddlers, did you know?)
- The mug that started it all! Sadly, I don’t believe Convivial makes coffee mugs anymore, but they have a slew of beautiful home and garden beauties, so go cry your whole morning away, already. I haven’t met these ladies in person yet, but it’s sort of my life mission.
2. This was my second mug find! It’s from Brook Farm General Store (a psychotic obsession of mine), and I call it my cellulite mug. Bahaha. Not to be gross. (maybe) I just like the little dimples in it. It’s tall and sturdy. I love it so. (looks like they only have the gray right now. but I bet the cream comes back! also, be prepared to sob for hours when you see everything they have.)
3. Next came this for-sure fave. It’s from The Citizenry, (another serious problem for me), and gifted from my mom at Christmas. It’s delicate and chic. I love it so much that I even gave it to my bestie for her birthday earlier this year. It’s THAT GOOD. (I’m only seeing it in the navy and gray, but they’re the sweetest bunch of people, and really awesome about getting back to you when product comes back in stock! While you’re at it, go weep your week away looking at their site.)
4. Ahhh this mug is everything! A stunner from Fine Life Co. (another wonderful problem in my life), it’s speckled, chunky and rustic. Just like my soul. It even has a matching spoon, so you’ll obviously need that, too. I have a few things from this shop, so prepare your eyes to bawl forever as you look around.
5. This mug is semi-new to me, and I could not be more obsessed. Squatty but elegant, The Ernest comes from the beautiful shop Mortar and Stone (a rabbit hole of minimal ceramic bliss). The more I follow this shop on Instagram, and the more I check her site, the deeper I fall into PROBLEM TERRITORY. I’m so happy. (p.s. you’re about to wail your face off.)
6. I’m completely losing it over this new-to-me mug. Speckled and delicate (and holds a lot of coffee, holla!), it’s called Wake Mug, and it’s from the insanely talented Samantha at Sam Nichols Pottery. I LOVE this one because of its unique shape, and giant handle. It’s soft, but with attitude, you know? Sam, will you adopt me?
7) And my newest life love is this gorgeous mug from Tracie Hervy. WAAAAH. It’s like, a soup bowl of coffee. Coffee soup. I want to swim in it. Wheel-thrown stoneware, and so minimal in shape and color, it makes me so weepy. She has retailers all over the place, but also accepts direct orders. THE NICEST gal to talk with. I also want her to adopt me. Will you ask her?
And there we have it. Seven mugs for seven brothers. I mean mornings.
I adore these mugs so much because they all come from a story. A human. Hands! Well I mean, hands attached to the human. Not separate. That’s weird.
What I REALLY geek out over is finding similar looking mugs, all in the cream or off-white or oatmeal family. But each having their own cool characteristic, be it speckled or clean. Tall or short. Chunky or delicate. (like my soul.)
I’m basically a total freak about this and should be locked up forever.
Let’s get our jitter on.