Sausage and Egg Breakfast Dogs {Tablespoon Tuesdays}

I have a bone to pick with cookie jars.

breakfastdog

Well, first of all, I should mention, I don’t even have a cookie jar. But if I had one I have this feeling I’d have a bone to pick with it.

BECAUSE.

A couple of days ago I had a weak moment at the grocery store and I bought a tube of cookie dough. A tube of chocolate chip cookie dough. And paranoid me just had to explain to the check-out girl WHY I’d purchased the tube of chocolate chip cookie dough.

“This was just a pregnancy impulse buy! I don’t normally buy cookie dough. Looks pretty funny next to all that fresh produce, fruit and whole grain bread, huh? It’s probably just a one-time thing, I swear it. I’ll even go on a long walk after I make them. Don’t tell anyone. Your hair is pretty. Are those real dreadlocks?”

So last night I made the chocolate chip cookies. It was all I could think about all day. The smell of freshly baked cookies, the act me of pulling them out of the oven and quoting Monica from Friends, “I’m going to be the mom in the neighborhood who makes the best chocolate chip cookies!” Aaron knowing me (and Friends) all too well and responding, “Our kids are going to be fat, aren’t they?”

But the thing is, cookies really spread out when they’re baking. They expand to like, twice their size. HOW DO THEY FIT INSIDE A COOKIE JAR? Won’t they crumble and tear apart whilst shoving them into the mechanism?

Hold on, let me Google image cookie jars to see if the rims are big enough.

Okay never mind, they’re pretty huge. Bone officially lifted.

I just wasted a lot of your time, didn’t I?

Well guess what. I’ve got some preeeeetty pimp Sausage and Egg Breakfast Dogs on the Tablespoons today and your life will most likely fall completely apart if you don’t check them out.

So, now I need a cookie jar. Show me what’s cute out there!

, , ,

15 Responses to Sausage and Egg Breakfast Dogs {Tablespoon Tuesdays}

1. Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner August 13, 2013 at 9:03 am #

I wish I could have this sandwich for breakfast right now!
    I don’t have a cookie jar either because they don’t tend to seal well and keep them fresh. There are sure a lot of cute ones out there though. Good luck in your search!

2. Kim @ AdventuresInANew(ish)CIty August 13, 2013 at 10:00 am #

I like the little blue ugly doll monster one at the top of this one: http://jdorganizer.blogspot.com/2011/12/cookie-jars-for-holiday-treats-good-bad.html

And this one comes with a puppy!!!! : http://cutearoo.com/2012/04/10/puppy-cookie-jar/

3. Darcy August 13, 2013 at 10:44 am #

This is my absolute favorite cookie recipe – it gets RAVE reviews anytime I make these cookies for others:

This is not my blog, but this lady knows what she is talking about. Seriously – Who knew the secret to awesome cookies was a little bit of cornstarch?

4. Amanda August 13, 2013 at 11:25 am #

“Who wants a (breakfast) dog?!” Me!!! 🙂 I would love to start the day with one of these sandwiches 🙂

5. Erin L August 13, 2013 at 11:52 am #

YUM! I am totally going to make these today! …I don’t know why I can’t stop myself from saying this out loud, but do those things look a little phallic somehow? (Don’t answer)

• Bev Weidner August 13, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

OMG when I was posting these I thought, “no one notice. no one notice. no one notice.” 😉

6. Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch August 13, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

Why do I always catch myself laughing out loud when I read your posts?!?! And the breakfast dogs look pretty awesome!!!

7. cassie August 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm #

You make me smile. Friends talk, cookie talk and breakfast dogs. Win, win, win!

8. Ali | Gimme Some Oven August 13, 2013 at 1:45 pm #

You are too funny! Love hearing about your pregnancy…cookie dough cravings and all!

9. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie August 13, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

Hahaha some cookie jars do have much too small of opening for the size cookies I enjoy. As for this recipe, hot dogs made breakfast style!? Love it.

10. Tieghan August 13, 2013 at 9:08 pm #

I want these breakfast dogs for breakfast lunch and dinner! Then I want a big bowl of cookie dough! LOL!

You always make me smile!

11. Julie @ Table for Two August 13, 2013 at 9:44 pm #

Loving these breakfast dawgs! As for the cookie jar, you gotta get one!

12. Elena @ Benefits of Yoga August 14, 2013 at 12:12 am #

Those look so appetizing! You don’t have to ask me twice if I want to try them!

13. Nutmeg Nanny August 24, 2013 at 2:45 pm #

Oh wow! I wish I had that breakfast dog this morning, it looks so delicious and so simple 🙂