Sometimes when I’m cooking and the food is in the pan or skillet or pot or whatever and it looks so lovely, all simmering with merriment and mirth, and then I transfer the food to a bowl or plate to serve, and somehow it transforms from a thing of beauty and wonder to a pile of mushy donk-a-lonk. And it’s like, excuse me?
Clearly that’s not the case here. (rrrrrrrrrrrrright.)
But before we do the dismiss-eroo dance (totally a thing), let me just break something down for you real quick.
1) It’s super speedy frozen ravioli – meat, cheese, whatever you dig that makes ya jig.
2) It’s your most favorite ever jarred marinara. Girl, please.
3) It’s chopped frozen spinach, making you strong, but without the big bulky forearm thing because that’s gross.
4) It’s soft-as-velvet ricotta. You should lick the spoon. Or the whole carton. Clean.
5) It’s a lot of parmesan cheese because you would be breaking all of the laws if you didn’t include it.
6) And it’s all cooked in your cast iron, rustic, loosey goosey lasagna-style! How fly is that?
You want me to demonstrate the dismiss-eroo dance, don’t you? I knew you would. I KNOW YOU.
Just imagine a cross between The Rubber Chicken, the Disco Duck and the Lindy Hop. But in a line dance. And backwards. With tap shoes on. Obviously.