Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
I took a shower earlier in some green food coloring and you guys, it’s not coming out.
Is this some joke? Where’s the camera? Are you Curtis Stone?
Wait, wrong show.
(Bonus points to anyone who knows who Curtis Stone is. Jenny, shut your mouth.)
(I never have bonus points on my blog!)
(Maybe I should more often!)
(Sorry about the explanation points! I mean .)
Chicken Sausages with Spicy Mushrooms and Edamame:
What it took for 2:
* 4 chicken sausages (your favorite flavor, casings removed)
* 2 cups frozen edamame
* 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 carton (maybe 4 oz?) baby bella mushrooms, sliced (no, you slice them)
* 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a jar is just fine)
* 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* oh yeah! a smidge of white wine, to deglaze
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Boil your edamame in water for 5 minutes. Drain.
In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the chicken sausage and sear up on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove from the heat and set aside. Add the mushrooms to the pan. Add a smidge more oil if needed, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the wine to deglaze a tad. Saute about 2 minutes, until moisture is released and they start to brown. Add the garlic, edamame and roasted red peppers. Stir around, then add the sriracha sauce to combine. Add the chicken sausages back to the pan and toss to combine.
Serve her up! (sorry)